Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Fence and Newt


This is Newt. Yes he's beautiful and sweet and easy to ride etc, etc, AND he is also and escape artist. 
This is Maggie who goes where I go on the farm and protects me, well actually she was snoring there but hey she was with me.
This is Ty. Yes he is a guardian dog and he too goes where I go on the farm. He still does his job protecting me. He is 10 years old and Maggie is at least 12 yrs old. 
This is our tractor and remember Newt above? Yes he is the reason I came home after work, loaded panels on the tractor and drove them out to the fence and put them up in the areas that looked like he uses for escape. 
He doesn't go anywhere and my blue roan Royal taught him how to get out. He walks the fence down until he can step over and grazes his way to the yard and then stays in the yard.
He is a total pain in my arse but I've raised him and trained him myself. 
So tonight will be a test to see if he gets out again. Sometimes I think he has wings he hides somewhere.  Seriously it's a total guess as to where he gets out so just have to put up panels until we get the new fence put up. 
I am exhausted and sore but hey barrel race this coming Saturday so YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment