Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bo

Bo got his first big boy lesson with the saddle today. He did well. We had a couple of respect issues at first, things like I want to do this and go this way instead of what I asked but within half an hour those were gone. He didn't like me touching his legs and just about laid down, which hey if you wanna lay down so much the better. He never did but I figured out how to teach him to bow. That was an added bonus. Anyway the leg issues are also a thing of the past as well now. Surprisingly enough he stood there to be saddled. He has never had one on before so wow! He stands to be completely brushed now as well. He is huge for a yearling. The saddle fits him at 13 months old. No he is not being ridden and this is a light weight training saddle that I use to start them out. Pistol will be next. The lesson went very well, ended on a very good note and he is a quick learner. Pistol tried to have some fun with him during training but he is a smart boy as well and all I had to do was tell him to go on and he would go away. He knows better, just being a pill.
Bo learned to stand quietly and during this time Pistol came and took the lead rope and was going to lead Bo off. Smart ass little turd.
I have to admit I do love raising two stud colts. You have gotten to see how they react to things and you know who they are and what they will do.
I honestly never expected that I would have 2 studs at one time. It wasn't the plan. Bo is Wes' stud and Pistol is mine. Bo gives more respect to Wes than me so that's why I worked with him today. Wes has worked with him before. I think we have it all worked out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment