Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Water Babies

Some of the horses gathered at the water tank today. I was out filling it because SOMEONE (Trick) played in the water at some point. He always does. Soooo.....while standing there I thought I'd see who wanted a bath, minus the soap of course. I started hosing them off. Turns out that Trick, Diamond who is his full sister and Savannah, also full sister all love the water. Then there was,Pasha, she is my thoroughbred that I ride. Yup she adores a bath as well. Bella also likes the water. It was fun and they enjoyed it. I went and hosed off Sav earlier because she was a mud pie. I mean her white was covered up and you could not tell she was a frame overo at all. So washed most of that off and when she dried we decided to play or work or whatever. Apparently I have returned to being alpha mare in her eyes because the old Savannah from a year ago was back. I groomed her, saddled her and she acted like I'd Saddled  her everyday of her life. She greets me now, follows me and is much more respectful. It's nice to see the old Sav back again. She is doing well on her diet. That mare can get to fat on air. I know she wants to go out to pasture but she has to drop some pounds first. I even worked on her hooves today and I might add without having a lead rope on her. She is very easy to trim. I didn't get pics of her saddled up today because I left the phone in the house. I will get some soon. We worked on flexing today. Needs a tad bit more work on that but not much. She is a good girl but she has to know who is boss or she can be aweful.  We will get there I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment