Monday, May 4, 2015

What A Weekend

What a weekend. It started Friday and has been non stop ever since. 
There are those that seem to think I have all these horses and never ride. Well let me back up.....
Friday.....went to Home Depot and got stuff to start redoing fence. Nice wood fence posts and Wes bought an auger to do the holes. We did a lot of running around Friday.

Saturday.......got up and got ready to go check out an auction. It was kinda rainy and blah out so not many people were there which made me happy because they had a brand new California King pillow top bed there. We looked online and found they run about $1200. Wes got it for $80. OMG is it comfortable.  We needed a new bed. During all this we were also going to Jen's to check on and take care of Granny. No baby yet. Sad face. Love that mare. We got home in time to unload our treeasures, clean up a bit and head to the demolition derby in Richmond. It was fabulous. 
I found out the fuzzy horse show was going to be Sunday so kicked around the idea of going. I was going to take Pasha but Wes advised against it since I just got her and only ridden her once. 
Sunday.........
Since I'm only out 16 days out of  surgery he was probably right so I opted to take Trick. He was a handful, having been a stud for so long he was looking for available girlfriend prospects. He finally calmed down. He was so excited. Trick did very very well considering he has never done anything like this before. I got big compliments on him all day. We did 5 classes. It was a schooling show and he caught on immediately.  During a class a screw came out of my bridle and he dropped his bit out of his mouth. I said whoa and he stopped. I put the bit back in his mouth and hooked it back to the bridle but had no screw so just let it sit there and finished the class then fixed my bridle quickly since we were in the next class to. 
I could not have asked for more from him. He is a fantastic horse and I could never part with him. We got home and he got a nice cool bath, some grain and turned back out with his herd. He didn't run to them, lol, he walked. He was tired. The boy is fat and out of shape but never quit. 
See I ride a lot. 

The sunset pic is Sunday nights sunset. The sky was on fire. So cool looking. 
Then today I hooked up the trailer again and went to pick up Savannah. She and I are having come to Jesus meetings as she became alpha at the other place and lost all respect for most everyone.  We are changing that, not to mention her fat ass is on a diet. Trick is not putting up with any of her shit. It's a good thing though. I worked her in the round pen this evening. Moved those feet. It's working already. It's going to take a bit but she will get there. I will restart her riding as soon as we get the respect thing settled. So here it is Monday night, tired a a little sore in the legs but otherwise good. I bandaged myself up good so I wouldn't screw anything up about my surgery. Tomorrow I hope is a bit slower paced than the last few days but it's been fun. Maybe by morning we will have a baby. Fingers crossed. Below are pictures collected over the weekend. There are many more. Plus I took some today of Pistol, Bo and Sav. Bo and I are having some respect lessons as well today. He is Wes' and does much better for him. I think we made some progress though. Still have a ways to go though. He is a year and coming into his own.

Really not unhappy in this pic. Just deep in thought. 
 
Standing like a good boy 
Waiting our turn
probably the only good headset all day but we got our jog down.
Savannah pouting I'm sure. 
Sunday night sky on fire
Trick checking out everything and all the new horses.
Beautiful fat boy.
chaos at the derby
freaking awesome
Bo today as he was out to stretch his legs
Pistol play time to. Looking for his girlfriend 
Handsome boys.
Storm moving in this evening

No comments:

Post a Comment