Friday, May 8, 2015

Ok so wth?

Sooo.... we decided with everything wet and no wind today would be the day we burn the rubble pile that we accumulated after a year and a half of cleaning this place up. It was things like old wood piles, general crap that will burn, old cage type things that had no top or bottom to it so heaven only knows what that was. You get the general idea. It was a big massive mountain. It was located half way between the house and the round pen. So we set it ablaze!
So here is the WTH moment. There is a big fire and the horses come watch. Aren't you guys suppose to fear fire? And then there is Savannah, grade A lazy ass. Now yesterday it took me roping her to catch and put her halter on and yet there is a big bonfire complete with 4 little explosions and she stands there. Hmmmm. Fire and nothing, explosions and again, nothing but get out the halter are HOLY HELL IT'S ARMAGEDDON!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE ITS  A HALTER!!!!!!!
Yes that is my horse, and the full sister to my best trail horse, turning competition horse. Now the fact that she is Tricks full sister gives me some hope. Right now I'm not holding out a lot of hope BUT some is better than none. I got news for you, apparently her brother knows she has an attitude problem because he has charged the round pen on a couple of occasions since she has been home, more like a bunch of occasions.  So when she finally does get out of her area (which I hope is sooner than later since this is my training pen) her brother is going to whoop her ass, of this I have no doubt. It's well deserved believe me. Miss Savannah has gotten a bit to big for her britches in the I'm queen attitude department.

NOW......the 10 month old filly is cycling already. My only thought is that the studs caused this to start happening. Lord help me!! I love that girl but really???? Bo and Pistol spend much of their time with noses in the air doing lip curls. I'm very tempted to geld one so we only have one stud to contend with but then begs the question of who. Don't really want to do either one and I'm sure we wont. But seriously the boys are coming into their own very early.

It was very nasty out today complete with slimy mud. No I did not work Savannah as it was to muddy and I'm not risking a tendon injury or anything else. I did go visit with her and we had some love time.

It's funny to watch the horse dynamic. How everyone relates and who is BFF with who. Kai and Bella are bff's. Oh and Lacy still calls her daughter Bella when she is out of sight. She will come get Bella and ypu can hear Lacy talking to her. It's really pretty cool that after 3 years they are still like that. Trick and Belle are still the couple. Bella wants to hang with Sav some times. Trick is playing boss, keeping everyone away from Sav. Affair does her own thing. I so love that mare. She is so easy going not to mention beautiful. Best blank and white homozygous I have EVER had. Can't wait for my first foal out of her.

Ok now Trick has 2 full sisters here and a half sister. Guess I like that family.

Everyone was in a very playful mood today. The sun came out and it turned out to be beautiful, except for mud.

The fire still burns tonight. It's low flames and looks like a campfire out the window. The pile is no longer 6 feet tall. YAY!!!!

Well that's about it for tonight. Time for a movie and to get comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment