Monday, November 24, 2014

Snug as a Bug

Went to do morning feeding and the boys have taken it upon themselves to make the big barn their home. Guess we will have to rebuild the little barn. I guess I will also move their feeder in the big barn as well. I made it where everyone can go into the big barn and they were all snug as a bug this morning. Bo was laying down sleeping, Pistol was standing next to him and Cat was in her stall snug in her blanket awaiting her breakfast. The boys breakfast is in their little barn and they know that. So they go over there to eat. Cat was doing fine this morning and has oh so much company. The barn isn't huge but it is big enough for them all to get in and keep warm standing close to one another. Its working out well.

I think I will go get a square bale per horse this week and give everyone their own square bale of hay for Thanksgiving. They ought to like that. I wish this wind would quit blowing. Jeesh its cold. I was out feeding last night and felt the cold front move in while I was feeding. So I got out Josey's blanket and Cat's and after putting feed in their feeders they got their blankets back on. They sure did enjoy the weekend with them off though. Saturday was so nice and warm and Sunday wasn't bad either. The horses were running and bucking and playing. Trick was rearing up on Rebels butt playing with him. I remember a time where Trick hated Rebel. Now they are best buds. Its nice to see.

Cat is a big girl. She is just shy of 16 hands. I loaded her in my trailer to bring her home Saturday and she is just about to tall for the trailer but she did well. I love how she loads up. Just walks right in with no hesitation. Backing out is a little quick but we will work on that. I can't wait till summer. I think she will be fabulous.

Well got lots to do for the holiday this week so gotta run. Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment