Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Working in Conjunction

Well I have found some fabulous resources regarding the retraining of Cat. There is a guide and I have been in contact with the person who has a rehab for race horses in California. I look forward to her input. I want Cat to progress in a manner where she is a well adjusted TB with a new job ahead of her. I want her to be everything that she can be.

It appears that retraining isn't going to be as hard as I had originally thought. It just takes some reprograming of sorts. The guide is well written and having been raised around TB race horses it is all very familiar. I have just never tackled retraining one up until now. I look forward to it. I now know where to start, what steps to take and where to go. Turns out I have started out correctly and so I am ahead of the game so to speak.

This weekend is suppose to be super nice and I am going to spend most of it with Cat working with her. We are still working on gates and going in and out of them. We are getting it down. TB's are very sensitive and praise goes a long way for them. I was worried about the saddling, bridle and reining aspect but it is explained clearly in this guide and I will have it be my bible for a while at least. May need to make another copy in case I wear this one out. They are different to train or retrain than QH's and I want to do what is right for Cat. I look forward to the day we graduate to riding. I have seen so many beautiful TB's be retrained and I love the way they move and carry themselves. I am not sure what direction we will take but she is only 4 years old so we have time to explore our options. I, however, will not attempt English again. I just don't like it and I don't like the breaches either. Maybe some western dressage. I think she would be beautiful doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment